Austin Community College District is a proud Riverbat community focused on equitable student success. The college is committed to building a supportive environment in which all students and employees can thrive. Creating a positive work culture of collaboration, connection, and caring (3Cs) is a Chancellor’s Priority and core to our vision and mission to provide access to higher education, produce a skilled workforce, and ensure our students can reach their academic and career goals.
Each and every employee plays an important role in this work. The 3Cs are a commitment by administrators, faculty, and staff to do their part to create a healthy workplace culture by practicing our core values with a focus on collaboration, connection, and caring.
Through a series of roundtable discussions held in Spring 2021 comprised of faculty and staff, the college has established the following definitions to help guide our work.
COLLABORATION: Together We will …
- Work within and across departments to leverage our collective expertise and strengths to innovate, foster employee growth and development, and support student success.
- Actively listen to the ideas and concerns of others. Communicate with openness, respond in positive ways that are supportive of other individuals, and strive to find optimal solutions to challenges.
- Participate in and/or stay abreast of shared-governance activities to achieve the mission and goals of the college.
- Ensure that employees are involved in discussing issues and creating innovative solutions. Supervisors are expected to promote an environment for teamwork.
CONNECTION: Together we will …
- Practice diversity, equity, inclusion, and self-reflection in all aspects of our work, interactions, and relationships.
- Identify and describe connections between daily work and achieving the mission, strategic plan goal, and objectives of the college. Supervisors will facilitate these connections with members of their team.
- Stay informed and seek information. Supervisors will identify relevant stakeholders and disseminate information about when and how key decisions are made.
CARING: Together we will …
- Demonstrate an asset-based commitment to students and their success.
- Demonstrate social and emotional intelligence in our interactions, particularly when resolving conflict.
- Approach everyone (peers, supervisors, employees, students, and visitors) with mutual respect, kindness, and professionalism.
- Exhibit interpersonal support and empathy for the perspectives and circumstances of others.
- Acknowledge and celebrate others’ professional achievements and personal successes.