The Austin Community College District (ACC) Board of Trustees met for its regular meeting on Monday, December 12, to hear college updates, swear-in new board members, and discuss student success.
Below are highlights from the meeting.
ACC recognizes outgoing board member, welcomes new one
Steve Jackobs was sworn in as ACC’s newest trustee by the Honorable Gina Hinojosa, District 49 State Representative. He replaces outgoing trustee Dr. Nora de Hoyos Comstock. Reelected board members Sean Hassan and Dr. Manuel Gonzalez also were sworn in. Trustees also elected new board officers for 2022-23. Read more here.
Fall 2022 Financial Audit Report
Executive Vice Chancellor of Finance and Administration Neil Vickers provided an update on the college’s financial audit report. Click here to watch the recording.
Student Success Report
The board received an update on the 2021-22 Student Success Report. The report explores academic progress toward three Strategic Plan goals, including:
- Goal 1: Increase Access and Entry
- Highlights on Equity
- Fast Track Career Programs
- Improved student experiences
- Support areas in high-demand career fields
- Strategic enrollment management process focused on equity
- Goal 2: Improve Persistence and Engagement
- ACC launched a pilot, Academic Alert to connect faculty with the college’s student affairs academic guidance team
- Continued focus on distance education to maintain academic continuity
- Embedded tutoring support for students in distance education
- Student engagement with Student Life, BRASS, Ascender, Phi Theta Kappa, and Student Government.
- Support Services with Student Advocacy Centers
- Goal 3: Increase Completion & Transfer/Employment
- The 3-year graduation rate increased from 7.2% to 22.8% over the last four cohorts
- ACC is tied as the No. 1 college in the state for transfer success rates
- Guided Pathways provides students a clear roadmap to on-time completion and personalized guidance to help them stay on track
- Apprenticeships provide support services to ACC academic departments to develop and maintain apprenticeships
- Increasing workforce and business/industry partnerships
Consent Approval for Hazardous Material Removal & Fire Protection Services Districtwide
Trustees also unanimously approved the college administration to move forward on contracts to remove hazardous materials and install, repair, and update fire protection services districtwide. Click here to watch the recording.
Contract for Police Pursuit Sport Utility Vehicles (SUVs) for the ACC Police Department
Trustees approved a contract for the ACC Police Department to acquire two to three new sport utility vehicles (SUVs). The SUVs will be four-wheel drive, all-terrain vehicles.
View all recordings from the meeting here.