ACC is recruiting faculty for our Composition & Literary Studies Department to teach dual-credit classes in the fall 2022 semester. Anyone interested can visit online with Composition & Literary Studies faculty to find out more at their upcoming virtual recruiting fair.
Composition & Literary Studies Virtual Recruiting Fair
Tuesday, June 28
1:30 – 4:30 p.m.
Click Here to Join
When to apply
As soon as possible. Interviews will be conducted in June, July, and August. Fall sections can be assigned as soon as candidates complete the hiring process. Classes begin August 22.
- Master’s degree in English, Literature, Linguistics, or Creative Writing OR
- Master’s degree in any field with 18 graduate hours in these disciplines
- College transcript(s) showing completed master’s degree
Things to know about dual-credit teaching assignments
- We deliver college courses to high school students on their high school campuses
- Dual-credit students meet the same academic requirements as any other college student
- Many teaching locations in the ACC service area (Austin metro area and surrounding counties)
- Classes taught during the regular school day. Fall semester classes: English Composition I and British Literature I
- For academic year 2022, the pay rate for new adjunct faculty with a master’s degree is approximately $3,300 for a three-credit-hour class
- A typical course load is two classes; three classes may be available
- Assigned a faculty mentor before classes begin
- Informative in-person orientation and pre-orientation support material
- No need to reinvent the wheel; a departmental syllabus is in place for guidance; experienced faculty will share syllabi
- ACC high school program coordinators assist with logistics and other problems—even if you accept an assignment outside Austin, there is someone to help
How to apply
Fill out an application. You will also be asked to upload a transcript and cover letter.
Contact Luanne Preston or Wendy Lym, department chair, or visit the Composition & Literary Studies website.
For more information, visit austincc.edu/hiringevent.