Austin Community College District (ACC) offers students comprehensive job search training through the Strategies for Today’s Jobs course.
The course is designed for students of all backgrounds — from first-time job seekers to those looking to re-enter the workforce after a recent layoff or prolonged absence — who are seeking an internship, apprenticeship, or their dream job.
Students enrolled in the course get:
- 1-on-1 career coaching
- Resume and cover letter writing assistance
- Access to Jobscan, a tool that analyzes resume effectiveness
- Face-to-face and remote interview practice
- Networking experience
- Help to create a personal brand and elevator pitch
- LinkedIn and Indeed training
- Salary negotiation skills
- Ongoing career support
Hosted by ACC’s Career Services Department, the four-week course is free and entirely online. Classes meet monthly, two days per week for a total of 16 hours.
- Sept. 27 – Oct. 20: Mondays & Wednesdays, 2 – 4 p.m.
- Sept. 27 – Oct. 20: Mondays & Wednesdays, 6 – 8 p.m.
- Nov. 1 – Nov. 24: Mondays & Wednesdays, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Nov. 1 – Nov. 24: Mondays & Wednesdays, 2 – 4 p.m.