ACC’s Information Technology (IT) Department wants to remind employees that IT help will not be available during the winter break and shares some tips on what to do before you leave for vacation.
From the ACC IT Newsletter
ACC is going on vacation mode starting December 22, 2023, and will be returning from winter break on January 3, 2024. So, if you are planning on taking some work home with you, we want to make sure that you are aware that our IT Department will be inaccessible. Employees will not be able to submit IT Mojo tickets for issues they might run into while working away from the office during this time.
Here is a list of things to do before leaving on winter break.
- Secure Your Workspace: Ensure that confidential documents and sensitive materials are securely stored or locked away.
- Power Down Electronics: Turn off computers, monitors, printers, and any other electronic devices to conserve energy and reduce the risk of electrical issues.
- Secure Valuables: Lock away personal items or valuables to maintain office security during the break.
- Set Out-of-Office Email Response: If applicable, activate your out-of-office email response to inform colleagues and students of your absence and provide an alternative contact if necessary. Get help setting it up below.
- Check Voicemail and Emails: Clear your voicemail and email inbox to start with a clean slate upon your return.
- Forward Calls if Necessary: If appropriate, forward office phone calls to a designated colleague or voicemail.
- Update Calendar: Ensure your calendar reflects your availability during the break and update any upcoming appointments or deadlines.
- Notify Relevant Colleagues: Inform necessary colleagues or team members about your absence and any pending tasks or projects that may require attention.
- Double-Check Office Policies: Familiarize yourself with any specific office policies regarding holiday closures or procedures to ensure compliance.
- Backup Important Files: Make sure important files are backed up to prevent any data loss in case of unforeseen issues.
Setting Up Your Out-of-Office Reply
- Watch the video on how to set up your out-of-office or vacation reply.
- Not sure what kind of reply you should write? Click the link for 6 out-of-office templates for the holidays.
- Click the link out of office or vacation reply to learn how to turn on or off your vacation reply from your Android and iPhone.
- Watch the video on how to set out-of-Office in Google Calendar.
- Read the complete guide that describes how to enable and disable forwarding of your ACC phone to another phone number.