Recognize exceptional ACC faculty or staff members by nominating them for an ACC teaching or leadership award. Nominations are now open for the ACC Teaching Excellence Awards, the DAISY Award for Extraordinary Nursing Faculty, the E-Faculty of the Year Award, and the ACC Leadership Awards.
Recipients of these awards will be recognized at the ACC Awards Celebration next spring.
To submit a nomination, use your ACC credentials to log in using the links below. The deadline to submit a nomination is November 6, 2023.
ACC Leadership Awards honor Classified, Professional-Technical, Faculty, and Administrator employees who go above and beyond by:
- Serving as mentors to their colleagues or staff members
- Providing assistance beyond their normal duties to aid their department or the institution as a whole
- Volunteering to help with institution-wide projects
- Encouraging their staff or colleagues to enhance their education and/or their professional skills
- Providing superior internal and external customer service
- Supporting the institution in a positive and optimistic manner
- Consistently seeking improvement of their own skills
ACC Teaching Excellence Awards honor full-time and adjunct faculty who:
- Exemplify the ACC Faculty Values of Teaching, Scholarship, Inclusion, Collaboration, Service, and Empowerment
- Promote special learning opportunities, student interaction, and innovation that support student success
Full-time and adjunct faculty selected for an award will be sponsored to attend a higher education conference. Nominations are made by faculty, staff, and students.
The DAISY Award for Extraordinary Nursing Faculty honors nursing faculty who:
- Inspire their students to remember that nursing is more than tasks and technology
- Ensure that both the art and science of nursing are brought to every patient-experience
The recipient will receive a certificate, a special DAISY Award pin, and a Healer’s Touch sculpture. Nominations are made by ACC staff, faculty, current students, and nursing student alumni.
The E-Faculty of the Year Award recognizes faculty who:
- Creatively utilized appropriate Internet-based technologies to teach online and/or hybrid courses at ACC
- Have designed and taught one or more online or hybrid courses with an imaginative approach, well-designed course materials, instructional strategies, and a demonstrated rapport with the course participants
The recipient will be sponsored to attend a distance education conference. Nominations are made by faculty, instructional designers, and students.
To learn more about these awards, please visit austincc.edu/awards.