Contributed by the Equal Opportunity Compliance Office
The newly revised administrative rule (AR), Resolution of an Employee Grievance, establishes a process that focuses on fairness, transparency, and accountability at all levels and in all phases of a grievance for employees. To further facilitate this goal, the AR calls for the creation of a Grievance Review Council.
The purpose of this council is to deliver an annual report to the Chancellor, the Board of Trustees, and the ACC community concerning the state of the grievance process at the College and recommendations for improvement.
The Grievance Review Council is composed of two representatives from each of the four employee associations appointed by the association presidents and two administrators appointed by the employee relations officer (ERO):
- The Administrator representatives appointed by the ERO to serve in this inaugural council will be Dr. Lorlie Ellis and Jason Marshall.
- Representatives from the Adjunct Faculty Association are Don Morris and Valeria Flint.
- Representing the Association of Professional-Technical Employees are Hilda Gartzke and Helen Dailey.
- Representing the Classified Employee Association is Juanita Parker. A second member will be appointed at a future date.
- Representatives from the Faculty Senate include Nina Jackson and Dr. Missi Patterson.
Members serve for a minimum of two years.
Members of the Grievance Review Council will meet periodically throughout the year to review data and processes in preparation for the annual report. The finalized annual report will include a review of and recommendations for improvement concerning the following areas:
- Compliance with Administrative Rule: Resolution of an Employee Grievance
- Grievance data, including outcomes
- Grievances indicating systemic issues
- Grievance processes
- Grievance Review Council composition and activities
- Continuous improvement plan
The important work that council members will undertake is a testament to ACC’s commitment to a culture of Collaboration, Connection & Caring (3Cs).
For questions regarding the Grievance Review Council or the employee grievance process, contact the Equal Opportunity Compliance Office at email@example.com.