Contributed by Teaching & Learning Excellence Division Communications
Nominations for the ACC Teaching Excellence Awards, the DAISY Award for Extraordinary Nursing Faculty, and the E-Faculty of the Year Award are open. These awards recognize faculty who demonstrate outstanding teaching.
ACC Teaching Excellence Awards honor full-time and adjunct faculty who:
- Exemplify the ACC Faculty Values.
- Promote special learning opportunities, student interaction, and innovation that supports student success.
Full-time and adjunct faculty recipients will be sponsored to attend a higher education conference. Nominations are made by faculty, staff, and students.
The DAISY Award for Extraordinary Nursing Faculty honors nursing faculty who:
- Inspire their students to remember that nursing is more than tasks and technology.
- Ensure that both the art and science of nursing are brought to every patient’s experience.
The recipient will receive a certificate, a special DAISY Award pin, and a Healer’s Touch sculpture. Nominations are made by ACC staff, faculty, current students, and nursing student alumni.
The E-Faculty of the Year Award recognizes faculty who:
- Creatively utilized appropriate Internet-based technologies to teach online and/or hybrid courses at ACC
- Have designed and taught one or more online or hybrid courses with an imaginative approach, well-designed course materials, instructional strategies, and a demonstrated rapport with the course participants
The recipient will be sponsored to attend a distance education conference. Nominations are made by faculty, instructional designers, and students.
Recipients of these awards will be recognized at the ACC Awards Celebration in the spring.
The deadline to submit a nomination is October 31, 2022.
To learn more about these awards, please visit austincc.edu/awards.