This past spring semester, the Academic Support Services division hosted a full-day professional development conference for our Tutors, Academic Coaches, and Supplemental Instruction leaders. With almost 200 staff members in attendance, the conference was a huge success! In addition to the keynote speaker, Dr. Saundra Yancy McGuire, representatives from across the college presented about opportunities to better support our students, including topics like:
- Access is EVERYONE’S Responsibility
- A Platform for Persistence: Preparing the Underprepared & Underrepresented
- EDI @ ACC: Transforming Instruction & Culture
- Service-Learning and Student Empathy
- Essential College & Community Resources 101
- Professionalism with Personality: Netiquette and Student Communication in the Virtual World
Have FOMO? Don’t worry! Each session recording is now available and open to all. Check out the Academic Support Services Conference webpage to take advantage of these insightful presentations.
While you’re on the webpage, take a moment to look at the Padlet Wall to see student testimonials about our Academic Support Team!