ACC Human Resources and the Employee Wellness Program will host events throughout the month of June in recognition of National Employee Wellness Month and Men’s Health Awareness Month.
On-site preventive check-ups
ACC and Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) along with Catapult Health are partnering to bring on-site preventive check-ups to several ACC campuses.
Approximately 50% of ERS health plan participants do not receive their annual preventive check-up each year. Most people wait until they develop symptoms to go to the doctor. The sooner we address health concerns, the more likely we are to prevent and manage chronic conditions.
You are eligible to participate if:
- You are an active employee enrolled in the *HealthSelect of Texas or Consumer Directed HealthSelect plan – *Participants enrolled in HealthSelect of Texas must have a primary care provider (PCP) on file with BCBSTX, or they may be responsible for out-of-network costs. If a participant does not have a PCP on file, they should call a BCBSTX Personal Health Assistant to help them select one before their check-up. Call (800) 252-8039, Monday – Friday 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. and Saturday 7 a.m. – 3 p.m. CT
- Have NOT had a preventive screening completed in the last 12 months
Check-ups include a finger stick blood test to provide accurate results, along with quick and easy biometric measurements. Each check-up takes approximately 45 minutes to complete and includes the following tests and services:
- Total cholesterol
- A1c (for known Diabetics)
- Blood pressure
- ALT & AST (liver tests)
- Abdominal circumference
- BMI (height/weight)
- One-on-one video consult with a board-certified nurse practitioner
- Access to a secure patient portal to view your comprehensive personal health report and receive a personal action plan.
– Tuesday, June 14 | 7 a.m.- 4 p.m. @ Riverside Campus, Room 8100
– Wednesday, June 15 | 7 a.m. – 4 p.m. @ Highland Campus, Room 1433
– Thursday, June 16 | 7 a.m. – 4 p.m. @ Round Rock Campus, Room 1208
Register here for an appointment!
For questions, please reach out to Mauri Winters at email@example.com or call 512-223-7577.