Austin Community College District’s (ACC) new Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, Workday, is days away from launch. It will consolidate the college’s Human Resources (HR), Payroll, and Finance information into one centralized cloud-based ecosystem. Here’s what you need to know to be ready for it.
Logging Into Workday
Workday goes live collegewide on October 16, 2021. The following applications will no longer be available after October 15:
- Benefit Statement
- Change Employee Information
- Interactive Organizational Chart
- Leave Plan Summary
- Leave Request
- Performance Excellence Online System
- Position Summary
- Tax Information (W2)
- View Employees Position and Salary
Professional Development (PD) dates:
- August 9 – November 1 | Mandatory training suspended
- October 1 – 16 | Blackout dates for Professional Development database
- November 1 | Professional Development begins in Workday
- November 2 | Mandatory training resumes in Workday
Recruiting and Hiring dates:
- October 2 – 22 | e-Hire job posting may not be advertised to the public
- October 22 | Positions advertised after ACC’s hiring blackout dates (October 1-15) will be advertised in Workday and begin appearing on ACC’s internal and external career sites
- December 17 | Last day for hiring managers to complete their hiring process in e-Hire
Training for Workday
Workday training sessions are underway. ACC offers a combined approach of virtual instructor-led training, training videos, quick reference materials, and in-system tools to illustrate the Workday end-user experience and promote optimal results for adoption and success.
All employees will have the opportunity to receive training from functional experts in Human Resources, Budget, Payroll, and Business Services. ACC managers will have additional training in Manager Self Service for Workday.
A complete list of training opportunities is available on the Workday website. Visit the Training & Resources page, and click the Connect to the Training Schedule link to view the complete list of course offerings and descriptions.
Unedited recordings of the training sessions will be posted to the Recording of Training page, and edited recordings will transition to the Workday Training Collateral website. This website will also contain all job aids once they are developed and approved for posting and updated regularly.
Workday and ACCmail
An enhancement to ACCmail will go live with Workday on October 16, 2021. All new employees hired after the go-live date will be provided an ACCmail account as part of the hiring process in Workday. Previously, newly hired employees had to activate their email account.
This change also includes temporary workers (hourly employees) and student workers. Temporary workers will have ACCmail addresses created for them without requiring them to claim their email addresses.
This change will also apply to all employees retroactively — every active worker (employee) and temporary worker (hourly employee) who have not previously claimed an assigned ACCmail address. Returning temporary workers who become active again will also have their institutional email address automatically claimed and populated in Colleague.
Additional Help & Support