From: The ACC IT Newsletter
Do Your Part. #BeCyberSmart.
Autumn is finally here, and with that comes cooler weather, shorter days, longer nights, and…Cybersecurity Awareness Month! You are invited to celebrate this October as we raise awareness about the importance of cybersecurity and ensure all individuals and organizations have the information and tools they need to be safer and more secure online.
Austin Community College takes security seriously and strives for a safer, more secure, and trusted internet for all of our staff, faculty, and student body. ACC has made this commitment for the past five years as a Cybersecurity Awareness Month Champion Organization.
In conjunction with the National Cyber Security Alliance, ACC will focus on different topics each week, including information around passwords, phishing awareness, promoting the ACC Information Security program, and how important cybersecurity is for everyone. The goal is to help our staff, faculty, and student body stay on top of their role in protecting their part of cyberspace.
Throughout the month of October, we will provide tips to help keep your ACC devices and information secure.
Some ways you can participate in Cybersecurity Awareness Month:
- Register for Meet the ACC Information Security team October 7, 2021, at 1 p.m. We will spend an hour introducing the team, discussing our upcoming projects, and answering questions.
- Coming soon! Download and use a fun virtual background from the Information Security website.
- Follow ACC Information Security on Facebook and Twitter: @accinfosec
- Register for a 30-minute training session on our new Cisco Email Security tool and learn how to use the spam quarantine feature on October 12, 2021, at 1 p.m.
- Watch some fun Security Awareness videos brought to us by Adobe, the National Cyber Security Alliance, and Speechless Inc. at Security Awareness Episodes – Stay Safe Online
If you feel that you have been a part of a security breach, please report a security incident using the Security Incident Form.