ACC hosted the inaugural Provost’s 3 Cs Shining Star Reception on Tuesday, September 27, at ACC Cypress Creek Campus.
ACC’s provost/executive vice chancellor for Academic & Student Affairs, Dr. Monique Umphrey, created the 3 Cs Shining Star Award as a way to recognize individuals in Instruction and Student Affairs who demonstrate care, connection, and collaboration in their daily work.
“We are here to celebrate our peers who have been recognized by their colleagues for going above and beyond. ACC prides itself on being a national leader for teaching and learning, and, in order to do that, we acknowledge that we are a learning institution. So, we are continually applying the principles of continuous process improvement,” says Dr. Umphrey. “If you see someone doing something amazing, please nominate them for this recognition.”
The Provost’s 3 Cs Shining Stars for September are:
- Dr. Matthew M. Daude, Dean, Liberal Arts – Humanities & Communications: Nominated by Dr. Gaye Lynn Scott for connecting his daily leadership work to the broader mission of the college.
- Jason Sanchez, Interim Director, High School Programs Enrollment & Partnerships: Nominated by Mison Zuniga for continuously collaborating with our internal and external partners to make sure young people get all the attention that they need.
- Dr. Melissa Biegert, Director, High School Programs Academic Success: Nominated by Mison Zuniga for always advocating for young students and ensuring that they get all the support they need within the college.
- Vincent Bustillos, Manager, Enrollment Management Recruitment: Nominated by Dr. Shasta Buchanan after she saw his leadership and civility shine through in a meeting when he noticed something wasn’t right.
- Stefanie Vermillion, Manager, Student Affairs Communication: Nominated by Dr. Shasta Buchanan for having the courage and confidence to stand in front of leaders and share how can we be better for LGBTQIA students.
Share a note to celebrate these outstanding colleagues below.
Any ACC employee can nominate an individual from Instruction or Student Affairs for a 3 Cs Shining Star Award. More information on upcoming award receptions as well as the nomination form are available on the Provost’s 3 Cs Shining Star webpage.
View a slideshow of photos from the event below.