As Austin Community College District (ACC) celebrates its 50th anniversary, the college will provide 300 students with access to free 5G iPhones as part of an innovative partnership with T-Mobile. ACC Career Scholars who receive the phone will access unlimited hot spots, talk, text, and data while in the program. 

“ACC is committed to a culture of Collaboration, Connection, and Caring with a focus on student success. I am proud this partnership will keep our students connected and on track,” says Stephen Clifton, ACC Career Scholars Director.

This innovation transforms how students engage with their coursework and elevates their overall campus experience. The iPhones empower students to seamlessly connect with ACC resources, interact with peers, and engage with faculty members anytime and from anywhere. 

Hear From Students

“It’s been really helpful for me to get in contact with an advisor. I can also use the hotspot more often when I’m going out of town or on a day trip, and I can do my work on the road.” – says Mariana Davila, ACC Career Scholar.

“I am very grateful for the iPhone. It definitely helps me access my school work when I am away from home.” – says Shelbie Baugh, ACC Career Scholar.

About Career Scholars

Career Scholars offers two tracks: one for new high school graduates and another for adult learners. All scholars can take advantage of the many perks of the program. Career Scholars aims to make college free as it covers the cost of tuition and fees at ACC — up to  $5,000 over two years — without the need for additional financial aid first. The program also provides free academic and career support, such as free tutoring, advising, internship and apprenticeship opportunities, resume guidance, and job search support. 

For more information, visit austincc.edu/careerscholars.