ACC’s sabbatical leave recipients have been selected for the 2024 fiscal year. Sabbatical leave is a privilege intended to benefit both the college and the employee and may be granted for the purpose of personal or professional improvement, which will, in turn, benefit the college through activities such as formal and informal study, acquisition of new skills, or keeping abreast of new technologies, research, and community service.
Full-time staffing table staff and faculty who have been at ACC for at least six years are invited to submit sabbatical applications.
Applications were reviewed by a shared governance Sabbatical Selection Committee composed of faculty, classified staff, professional-technical staff, and administrators, and their recommendations were sent to the chancellor for approval.
ACC congratulates the following recipients:
- Azzurra Crispino — Professor, Department of Philosophy
- Arun John — Associate Professor, Language Arts, Humanities and Communications
- Rennison Lalgee — Chair of Sociology and Professor, Department of Sociology and Social Work
- Vanessa Lazo — Chair and Spanish Professor, Department of World Languages
- Grant Potts — Liberal Arts Interim Dean and Professor, Department of Humanities and Communication
- Breanna Whitener — Associate Professor, Department of Visual Communications
For more information about sabbaticals at ACC, visit the Sabbatical webpage.