Updated May 19, 2023
To help ACC faculty prepare for teaching a HyFlex class, the Office of Distance & Alternative Education hosts the 2023 Summer Institute: HyFlex Teaching and Learning,
ACC full-time and adjunct faculty who teach credit-based courses are eligible to apply. Attendees will learn how to:
- Apply effective practices for implementing HyFlex delivery in their course(s);
- Use HyFlex technology in the classroom; and
- Integrate synchronous learning activities and engagement strategies in a HyFlex learning environment.
All levels of teaching experience and technology skills are welcome. Faculty planning to teach a HyFlex course in the future must attend this HyFlex training first.
A $500 stipend is available for meeting the training requirements, and an additional $500 stipend is available for completing the course conversion to HyFlex delivery mode.
Training Session Information
Training is divided between the morning (i.e., AM session) and the afternoon (i.e., PM session). Faculty do not have to attend both sessions on the same day. However, faculty must attend a morning session before attending an afternoon session, and one of the sessions must be attended in person, on campus.
Training Session Dates and Application Deadlines
AM Sessions: 9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
PM Sessions: 1:30 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Saturday, May 20 (Deadline to apply: Friday, May 12, at 5 p.m.)
- Friday, June 2 (Deadline to apply: Friday, May 26, at 5 p.m.)
- Friday, June 16 (Deadline to apply: Friday, June 9, at 5 p.m.)
- Saturday, June 24 (Deadline to apply: Friday, June 16, at 5 p.m.)
To apply, fill out the application here.
For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.