Apprenticeships allow students to get ahead and start their future job with experience, training, and knowledge of the field. ACC hosts a series of events for National Apprenticeship Week, November 14-18. The week is an annual nationally-recognized moment to celebrate and showcase the important role that apprenticeships can have on the student experience.
Check out the National Apprenticeship Week events happening at ACC, and let your students know about this exciting opportunity to build their resumes and make connections.
Monday, November 14
- ACC Apprenticeships Open House | ACC Highland, Building 1000 Social Staircase | 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Tuesday, November 15
- Career Jumpstart with Texas is IT! ACC Highland, ACCelerator | 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Apprenticeships 101 | ACC Highland, Building 2000 Room 2.1550 | 3 – 4:30 p.m.
Wednesday. November 16
- TXIT Participant Information Sessions | Manor New Tech High School | 9 – 11 a.m.
- Employer Information Sessions | Virtually | 1 – 4 p.m.
- Homeschool Association Apprenticeship Information Session | Virtually | 1 – 4 p.m.
Thursday, November 17
- A Conversation with Women in IT | Virtually | 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
Friday, November 18
- Veterans in the TXIT Apprenticeship Program Recognition | For program participants
RSVP is encouraged. Visit ACC’s National Apprenticeship Week webpage for more details and to RSVP.
The Apprenticeship Program at ACC connects city, state, and county agencies, companies, and nonprofits to ACC departments so that students can apply what they learn in the classroom to real-life work environments.
Learn more about the Apprenticeship Program at ACC at apprenticeships.austincc.edu.