From the IT Newsletter
Returning to campus from a long break might not be easy, and getting back to your work routine might feel difficult, especially if you experience IT-related issues.
We want to make sure you know what steps to take and who to contact if you run into any of the common issues listed below:
- Network connection problems
- Phone systems not on
- Printers are offline
- Unable to log in to systems due to password issues
- Monitors not working properly
- Missing peripherals
- Missing furniture
- Office relocation
In any of the cases listed above, you’ll want technical assistance. You can request this support by calling the IT Service Desk at 512-223-TECH/8324, visiting the Information Technology Website and clicking on Submit a Ticket, or submitting a Technical Service Request here > ACC Service Request Form.
Please make sure your equipment and logins are in working order. This will help the IT support team facilitate requests in a timely manner.
Prioritization: IT will prioritize student-facing service requests and classroom preparation requests. The technicians will then process all faculty/staff requests in the order they are received as we know the volume will be heightened with everyone returning slowly back to campus.
For all new hires: Domain credentials are required. Managers and supervisors should submit a New User Login Request form. For a step-by-step guide on how to submit a New Hire Request Form, click here.
For IT Software New/Renewal requests: Please submit them via this form.
For IT Hardware New/Replacements requests (Emergency Replacements due to hardware failure and/or New Hire/New Positions): Please submit them via this form.
Accessing ACC’s Wi-Fi
Austin Community College provides access to the internet via wireless network (Wi-Fi Secure) to all faculty and staff.
This process is intended for all ACC devices and personal mobile devices that will need internet access via ACC’s Wi-Fi.
In order to register a device to connect to the Wi-Fi, an ACCeID is required. To get connected, follow the steps below on your device. For any ACCeID issues related, click here.
- How to connect your device to the ACC wireless network.
- Ensure your laptop wireless is enabled.
- Select “ACC Start Here”.
- Go to the URL: http://wireless.austincc.edu
- Read the “Terms and Conditions” and check the box “I agree to the Terms and Conditions”.
- Click “ACC Users”.
- Input your ACCeID and password.
- Select “Faculty / Staff”.
- Download the file.
- Run the installer.
- Click “Yes” to install the Cloudpath Certificate.
- Once the process is completed you will see “ACC Secure” connected.
ACC guest wireless network is also available. Click here to learn how to connect.
For step-by-step instructions for the different types of operating systems, click here.
To watch ACC Wi-Fi instructional videos, click on the systems below.
Important: For any step that lists ‘Student’, please select ‘Faculty/Staff.’
When working from home, do not forget to connect your Global Protect VPN to maintain a secure connection while working with all ACC applications and services.
Additional helpful links:
- How to request support: ACC Service Request Form
- To view all of our IT Security Policies and Standards that are in place please visit us here.
- If you are teaching or working remotely use IT Remote-related resources: Getting Started Remotely
- How to reset ACC eID Password: I forgot my ACC eID or password
- Resources for phone issues Voicemail/ForwardingCalls: Check My ACC Desk Phone Voicemail
- Resources for Blackboard-related issues: ACC Blackboard Login
- Faculty & Staff Resources: Faculty & Staff
- Other related IT issues or resources, visit our IT website: Information Technology
- Resources for Ellucian Datatel password resets: Access Colleague / Datatel
- Resources for going back to the classroom, campus, COVID-19 protocols site: Health & Safety Protocols
- For the most up-to-date ACC Coronavirus (COVID-19) information please visit the following link here.