Austin Community College District (ACC) hosts a free virtual summit for students, employees, and partners who want to learn more about transfer at ACC. The Future of Transfer & Transition is July 26-29, 2021.
The four-day event hosted by the college’s Teaching & Learning Excellence Division, will explore current trends in college transfer and includes sessions that share opportunities to improve transfer student success, build equity in transfer, create new transfer pathways, and more.
Featured speakers include:
- Dr. Heather Adams, College Excellence Program, Aspen Institute
- Dr. John N. Gardner, Chair and CEO, Gardner Institute
- Representative Donna Howard, District 48, Texas House Member
- Dr. Harrison Keller, Commissioner of Higher Education for the State of Texas
- Eyra A. Pérez, PhD, Director of Technical Assistance, Excelencia in Education
- Dr. Luis Ponjuan, Associate Professor, Educational Administration and Human Resources Department, Texas A&M University
- Louis Soares, Chief Learning and Innovation Officer, American Council on Education
- Xueli Wang, Barbara and Glenn Thompson Professor in Educational Leadership, University of Wisconsin-Madison
The summit supports ACC’s work toward student success and is part of the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board’s priorities for improving transfer among community college students who plan to transfer to public four-year universities.
To learn more and register for the summit, visit austincc.edu/futureoftransfer.