Austin Community College District (ACC) sabbatical leave recipients have been selected for 2021-22. Sabbatical leave is a privilege intended to benefit both the college and the employee and may be granted for the purpose of personal or professional improvement, which will in turn benefit the college through activities such as formal and informal study, acquisition of new skills, or keeping abreast of new technologies, research, and community service.
Full-time staffing table staff and faculty who have been at ACC for at least six years are invited to submit sabbatical applications.
A shared-governance Sabbatical Selection Committee composed of faculty, professional-technical staff, classified staff, and administrators reviewed the applications and sent its recommendations to the chancellor for approval.
Congratulations to the following recipients:
- Theresa Glenn, Department Chair of Communication Studies
- Joseph O’Connell, Associate Professor of English
- Kelly Stockstad, Professor of Communication Studies
- Jamarl “JT” Tyler, Faculty Instructional Support Specialist, Teaching and Learning Excellence Division
- Christopher “Jason” Vidrine, Associate Professor of Communication Studies
For more information about sabbaticals at ACC, visit https://tled.austincc.edu/faculty-support/fellowships-and-funding/sabbatical.