Austin Community College District (ACC) held a series of roundtable discussions this spring to get feedback from stakeholders across the college on developing tools and resources for the college’s Collaboration, Connection & Caring (3 Cs) initiative.
About 77 employees participated in the April 2021 roundtables. As a result of the discussions, the 3 Cs Cross Functional Team identified themes of importance, collected ideas for new tools and training programs, and updated and refined the 3 Cs definitions.
“Building a healthy culture is important work, which requires careful collaboration and deep reflection. I have been honored to work with so many wonderful people at ACC who were willing to engage in both,” says Dr. Missi Patterson, 3 Cs Cross Functional Team member. “We’ve made a lot of progress, and it was only possible because of your contributions.”
The 3 Cs Cross Functional Team has presented the following documents to the Chancellor and Cabinet and will post them online soon:
- Executive Summary of Roundtable Work – This is a short, high-level summary of the findings from the roundtables.
- Themes and Suggestions from the 3 Cs Roundtables – This is a deep dive into the findings from the roundtables.
- The “Final” 3 Cs Definitions – These are the updated definitions the college will use moving forward.
The 3 Cs Cross Functional Team is comprised of:
- Gerry Tucker, Human Resources vice president
- Jenna Cullinane Hege, Institutional Research and Analytics vice president
- Brette Lea, Communications & Marketing vice president
- Missi Patterson, Full-Time Faculty Senate past president and Psychology associate professor
- Nicole Bell, HR Staff Development coordinator
- Haydeana Gaviria, HR Staff Professional Development & Evaluation manager
- Alison Kadlec, external consultant
On June 7, the Office of Human Resources held a Campus Conversation with Chancellor Dr. Richard Rhodes to discuss the progress of the 3 Cs and share details about new professional development opportunities coming soon. Watch the recording here.